Frequently asked questions
How long will it take for my card to arrive?
We process all Must Have Gifts orders within 1 working day, and you should receive your gift card within 4 working days.
Please allow up to 7 working days for deliveries to non-UK (international) addresses.
If you’ve chosen an e-card, you will receive it within 24 hours.
Can I send my card to another recipient?
Sure. Please provide us with the address where you want your card to be posted to.
When i buy a Must Have Gift, what does the person I'm buying for actually receive?
When you buy a Must Have Gift the person you're buying it for will receive a gift card which explains what you’ve given on their behalf. Follow these simple steps:
- Choose your special gifts for your loved ones.
- Pick a card from our printed or e-card range.
- Add your personal message.
- Sit back and enjoy knowing that your gift is changing lives.
How do I use my basket?
While you browse, click on the product you wish to buy and then click on 'Add to cart'.
You can view your cart at any time while you shop - there's a link on every page. This means you can:
- See how many gifts you've added so far.
- Increase the quantity of gift cards.
- Remove any items you have changed your mind about.
What payment options do you accept?
You can pay for your online purchases using one of the following payment types:
- Visa Debit
- Apple Pay
Why didn't my payment go through?
If you receive an error message - but you are sure your details are all correct - then please contact your bank to find out why. It is also worth checking:
- The billing address you have with your bank may different to the one that you are entering on the Billing Address page.
- Your card may not have enough credit available to cover the payment.
- Your card may have a block on internet/phone orders, or on payments to charity.
- Your card may have reached its daily transaction limit.
- Your card may have been flagged for additional authorisation.
- If your card was recently issued, it may not have been activated yet.
What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a scheme run by the government that enables charities to increase the value of donations made by reclaiming basic rate tax that has been paid on the gift. World Vision can claim 25p per £1 donated, at no cost to the donor, which we then use to fund the whole of World Vision’s work.
Can I Gift Aid my donations?
You need to have paid enough tax to cover the amount of tax reclaimed by all charities for each tax year (6th April one year to 5th April the next). Apart from tax on income from a job or self-employment, other types that are acceptable are:
- Tax deducted at source from savings interest
- Tax on state pension and/or other pensions
- Tax on investment or rental income (including tax credits on UK dividends)
- Capital Gains Tax on gains.
Other taxes such as VAT and council tax do not qualify, nor does any non-UK tax.
How do I Gift Aid my donations?
In order for World Vision to able to claim Gift Aid on your donations, you just need to tick the related Gift Aid declaration in your cart before you checkout.
Can I create an account and save my details?
Yes, sure. Creating an account would make it easier for you to return to the website to place an order. You can create an account at the payment stage or by clicking on the “Create an Account” link at the top right-hand corner of the website. Alternatively, you can check out as a guest.